Currently, there is a growing demand for embedded systems in several areas e.g. agricultural, industrial, civil, transportation and residential. The fast growth of computing power on microprocessors and microcontrollers, and the higher connectivity has led to a whole new class of applications, such as autonomous vehicle systems (air, ground, underwater, etc.) and mobile robots. Moreover, depending on the application, these systems are not only embedded systems, but critical embedded systems as they deal with risk related to lives and high value assets.
Due to the high connectivity provided by the Internet of Things and the flexibility of Cloud Computing-based systems, a large number of devices can currently be deployed in areas of interest that are likely to be considered critical. Meeting very specific requirements on communications and control is mandatory to guarantee that sensitive tasks are accurately performed on targeted environments.
WoCCES aims at the integration of researchers working on the fields of communications and control in critical embedded systems including Connected Vehicles, Internet of Things, Smart Cities, Cloud and Fog Computing, Security, Cryptography, and Privacy.
>> Read more
Topics of Interest
- Connected Vehicles;
- Control and Navigation of Intelligent Systems;
- Cloud Computing Security;
- Distributed Algorithms;
- Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA);
- Fly-by-Wireless and Drive-by-Wireless;
- Fog Computing;
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU);
- Hardware and Software Architectures;
- High-availability Clusters and Embedded Computing Grids;
- Internet of Things (including Internet of Flying Things);
- Many-to-many Communication;
- Medium Access Control, Antennas and Cognitive Radio;
- Middleware and Web Services;
- Mobile and Embedded Computing;
- Peer-to-Peer, Mobile and Ad-Hoc Networks;
- Safety and Certification;
- Sensors and Mobile Robots;
- Smart Cities;
- Unmanned systems (UAVs, UGVs, etc);
- Wireless Sensor Networks.
The ISCC 2020 will be held at ... (TBA)