Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, ISCC'20 and WoCCES in-person meetings have been cancelled. The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority.
WoCCES deadline has been extended. Thus, we encourage our community to submit their papers until May 9th (firm deadline) and join us in an alternative presentation format. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to upload a 15 minutes presentation of their work.
Paper submission deadline:
April 25th, 2020 May 9th, 2020
Notification of paper acceptance:
May 15th, 2020 May 29th, 2020
May 25th, 2020 June 8th, 2020 June 18th, 2020
Publication fees: €100 (IEEE member) / €125 (non IEEE member)
Currently, there is a growing demand for embedded systems in several areas e.g. agricultural, industrial, civil, transportation and residential. The fast growth of computing power on microprocessors and microcontrollers, and the higher connectivity has led to a whole new class of applications, such as autonomous vehicle systems (air, ground, underwater, etc.) and mobile robots. Moreover, depending on the application, these systems are not only embedded systems, but critical embedded systems as they deal with risk related to lives and high value assets.
Due to the high connectivity provided by the Internet of Things and the flexibility of Cloud Computing-based systems, a large number of devices can currently be deployed in areas of interest that are likely to be considered critical. Meeting very specific requirements on communications and control is mandatory to guarantee that sensitive tasks are accurately performed on targeted environments.
WoCCES aims at the integration of researchers working on the fields of communications and control in critical embedded systems including Connected Vehicles, Internet of Things, Smart Cities, Cloud and Fog Computing, Security, Cryptography, and Privacy.
>> Read more
Topics of Interest
- Connected Vehicles;
- Control and Navigation of Intelligent Systems;
- Cloud Computing Security;
- Distributed Algorithms;
- Field-programmable Gate Array (FPGA);
- Fly-by-Wireless and Drive-by-Wireless;
- Fog Computing;
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU);
- Hardware and Software Architectures;
- High-availability Clusters and Embedded Computing Grids;
- Internet of Things (including Internet of Flying Things);
- Many-to-many Communication;
- Medium Access Control, Antennas and Cognitive Radio;
- Middleware and Web Services;
- Mobile and Embedded Computing;
- Peer-to-Peer, Mobile and Ad-Hoc Networks;
- Safety and Certification;
- Sensors and Mobile Robots;
- Smart Cities;
- Unmanned systems (UAVs, UGVs, etc);
- Wireless Sensor Networks.